Review of Cruise - NCL Sun

 
 
NCL Sun - Mini Suite - Alaska:
 
 
Room - 4/5
 
We stayed in a mini suite which was very nice. Even though it was a mini suite, it is still small, but workable. The balcony was really nice and I stayed out there a lot. It also had a big bathtub which was amazing, since I like to take baths. You also get a concierge with the mini suite or suites, and I know he was very valuable to my parents. The room could have been a little cleaner, but otherwise everything else was okay.
 
Service - 4/5
 
Most of the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming to us. There were two exceptions to that. I don't know if they were having a bad day, but they were very rude to my parents for no reason. The waiters were absolutely wonderful though.
 
Food- 4/5
 
Most of the food I ate was very good, but by far the best food I ate was in the different ports. The food menus were a little lacking, and there were only a few entrees. The specialty (that have an extra charge) restaurants were all very good though.
 
Cleanliness - 3.5/5
 
Overall, the ship and our room could have been cleaner. There was bird poop on a lot of windows in the restaurants, which was not cleaned the entire time we were there.
 
Embarkation - 5/5
 
Going on and departing from the ship was very easy. I have been on other ships where that is not the case.
 
Entertainment - 2/5
 
We only went to one show and found they seriously need a lot of improvement in that area.
 
Teen Program - 4/5
 
The teen room was pretty nice, but I never saw very many teens there. I stayed there a couple of times, but not much.
 
Shore Excursions - 4.5/5
 
All of the shore excursions were really nice, but they were all rather pricy. All of the ports we visited were fantastic, but I liked Ketchikan the best.
 
Pool and Hot Tubs - 3.5/5
 
I never went into the hot tubs, but parents did. They said the hot tub was never very hot, which was a disappointment. I spent a lot of time at the pool, and it was really nice though.
 
Spa - 5/5
 
My mom and I visited the spa for facials and massages. The spa was really nice and all of the workers there seemed really knowledgeable and friendly. The facial was wonderful, but the massage was the best thing ever. I didn't know I could be so relaxed.
 
Scenery - 5/5
 
The scenery was so wonderful from our balcony. We saw glaciers and whales. I would highly recommend taking binoculars and a camera to capture all of the wonderful views and wildlife.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Kors Haul

Travel Jewelry Case - Review

Watch Roll - Review