Seward, Alaska - 5 Things To Do

 
 
 
Seward Alaska:
 
My parents and I recently went on a cruise of Alaska and our port city was Seward, Alaska. We had to fly into Anchorage and then we took a train to Seward, since Seward has no airport. (They do, but no big planes are allowed). It is a little over 2 hours to get from Anchorage to Seward. You can drive, take a bus or a train. We opted for the train because my mom has always wanted to go on one. You won't be disappointed if you take the train. The scenery is awesome and breathtaking, but I heard that the drive in a car is just as wonderful. If you are interested in the train, click here for a more in depth and thorough description of it. We only had a day and a half in Seward before we boarded the cruise ship, so this was all we had time to do.
 
1. SeaLife Center:
Price: $24.95
 
Since I love animals so much, I talked my parents into going here. It was a worthwhile experience for me and we saw many sea life animals. The seals were absolutely beautiful, but it was kind of a small place (I thought it would be bigger based on the outside). It was a little pricy, but a great experience none the less and a definite must see if you love animals as much as me.
 
2. Kenai Fords National Park:
Price: $88.03
 
We took a half day cruise of Kenai Fjords and Resurrection Bay while we were in Seward. It lasted about 3 1/2 hours and was the highlight our trip. We saw Bear Glacier, the largest glacier in the park and thousands of birds and sea otters and whales. The scenery was beautiful and I was so glad we took this trip. The crew was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable.
 
 
3. Seward Boat Harbor:
Price: Free
 
After we ate dinner one night, we strolled along the Seward Boat Harbor. There are many shopping and restaurants around, and it is close to hotels. You will see many boats not only docked but fisherman cleaning their catch. The scenery is awesome too.
 
4. Scenic Helicopter Flight and Glacier Landing:
Price: $199
 
My dad took this trip alone while my mom and I was getting our nails done. I was so mad that I missed this trip because my dad enjoyed it a lot. He told me that it was 45 minute scenic helicopter tour and then he landed on top of a glacier. How amazing! He saw lots of wildlife and he said the glacier was unreal up close.
 
5. Half Day Sea Kayaking Trips:
Price: $75.00
 
My dad went on a half day kayaking adventure while my mom and I shopped. My mom and I aren't a big water person (unless it's the pool) so my dad went alone. He said he had a fantastic time and even saw a waterfall. I'm glad I didn't go, but if you like kayaking and nature, you will like this. He said the price was right too. (not too much).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Kors Haul

Travel Jewelry Case - Review

Watch Roll - Review